You may know what sinusitis is. It is one of the allergies which people can suffer. It occurs when there is a swelling or inflammation in sinuses. Here the healthy tissue lining sinuses will be filled with air. However, if they are filled and then blocked with fluid, the condition is able to worsen since germs will grow to cause an infection. Of course, when this condition cannot get any treatment it can cause other bigger problem of sinusitis.
Triggers And Types Of Sinusitis
Moreover, the condition which can trigger the blockage in sinuses is various. What are they?
- Cold: The common cold becomes the first condition why there is a blockage in sinuses. As it is known that if you get cold, your nose can be filled with the fluid and this condition is very uncomfortable.
Conditions that can cause sinus blockage include:
- Allergic rhinitis: This condition also can cause sinusitis in which there is swelling in the nose lining. The trigger itself varies so each person will have a different trigger of allergic rhinitis.
- Nasal polyps: If there is a small growth occurs in the lining of your nose, it means that you have nasal polyps. It is also will cause the condition of sinusitis.
- Deviated septum: Besides nasal polyps, a deviated septum also causes sinusitis. Here there is a condition that is a shift in your nasal cavity.
After that, there are some types of sinusitis which you have to know well as follow.
- Acute sinusitis: This type commonly starts with some symptoms like facial pain and runny stuffy nose in 2-4 weeks.
- Subacute sinusitis: For this type, sinusitis inflammation will happen in 4 up to 12 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation is getting worse since it occurs for 12 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This type of sinusitis can happen several times a year.